Saturday, April 12, 2008

New Crayola Color Names Lack Hue Description

I had to pass along this little gem, which I heard about first on the radio. I had to look up the articles online in order to discover all of the color names and find out which crayons they messed up. I was truly a fan of "turquoise blue" and I am a little sad to now hear that its name has been changed to such a bizarre name.

Crayola Changes Names of 8 Colors based on on-line poll of children.

Old Name - New Name
laser lemon - super happy
wild tangerine - fun in the sun
screamin' green - giving tree
beaver - bear hug (what kind of color is Beaver anyway?)
turquoise - blue happy ever after
hot magenta - famous
orchid - best friends.

One of the articles that came up in my search was called "Colorful new names for eight crayons". No, lady, these names are distinctly lacking in any sort of color what-so-ever. If I had seen colors named like this when I was still young enough to regularly use Crayons, I don't know what I would have thought. Now that I'm an adult, I find it hard to believe these names weren't concocted by stoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment